The Armory is truly one of the most historic buildings in Ann Arbor. At the edge of Kerrytown in the Old Fourth Ward, the Armory was originally constructed in 1911 to house military units. Built in "Collegiate Gothic" style, as delineated by its small turrets and octagonal towers, The Armory is truly a one of a kind architectural gem. The Armory was purchased in 1995 and went under renovation the following year. It currently offers 13 modern 3-story townhouses and single-level lofts ranging from 1088-1632 sq. ft. Units feature 2-3 bedrooms, lofted secondary entertainment spaces, full basements, updated kitchens, and soaring ceilings. Many units still feature historic industrial design elements such as brick walls, original wood ceilings, and exposed ductwork. There is also a secure entrance and one designated parking space per unit.
Students attend highly rated Ann Arbor Schools Bach Elementary, Slauson Middle, and Skyline High School.
0 Available Listings in The Armory
The Armory Market Update
No active listings available
|Avg. Sold Price
|Avg. Sold Price per sq.ft.
|Avg. Sold Days on Market
All statistics are based on the last 12 months
The Armory Property Listings
Sold on March 31, 2023 for $560,000
3 bed, 2.1 bath, 1,632 sqft
223 E Ann Street 4810..., Ann Arbor
Located on the northwest corner of N. 5th Ave. and E. Ann St., the Armory is surrounded by mature trees and is within walking distance to Kerrytown shops and restaurants like Zingerman's Delicatessan and Ann Arbor Farmer's Market as well as downtown Ann Arbor entertainment, shopping, and dining. This is the perfect location for those looking for the full Ann Arbor urban experience, historic charm included!
- Secure Entry intercom system
- 1 designated parking lot space per-unit
- Historic industrial interior design elements
- Vaulted ceilings
- Loft spaces
- 5 blocks from The University of Michigan's Central Campus
- Less than 1-mile to Parks along the Huron River such as Broadway Park, Riverside Park, and Argo Park and Canoe Livery
- 4-blocks from the Ann Arbor District Library.
- 1-block to Ann Arbor Farmers Market and Zingerman's Delicatessan in Kerrytown
- 3-miles north to Kroger on Plymouth Rd. 3-miles southeast to Whole Foods on Washtenaw, and 3-miles southwest to Meijer on Ann Arbor-Saline Rd.
Travel and Commute:
Search All Ann Arbor Homes for Sale
View All Ann Arbor Neighborhoods
- Near AATA bus route with stops all throughout Ann Arbor including Meijer and UofM's Central Campus Transit Center
- 1.3-miles, less than a 5-minute drive to M-14 access with quick connection to US-23 north and south
- 1.3-miles, Within walking distance or a 5-minute drive to UofM Hospital System, School of Nursing, and UM-Medical Campuses.